Kembali Gambling Addiction Rehab
We are Kemabli Luxury Rehab, an addiction centre that knows a thing or two about behavioural addictions. Since gambling has become a significant public health issue in Australia, we believe something must be done to help those affected.
With roughly 395 thousand Australians affected by compulsive gambling, costing somewhere in the region between $4.7 billion and $8.4 billion, it’s become clear that this epidemic goes beyond just poor choices. That’s why we have developed a treatment program tailored to those with a gambling disorder – Kembali offers an opportunity to free yourself from gambling addiction and live freely once again.
What is a Gambling Addiction?
A gambling addiction, or compulsive gambling, is a mental health condition related to behavioural patterns and actions.
This compulsive behaviour generally continues, even though the gambler is aware of the potential negative consequences – much like any addiction, the pleasure receptors in the brain are influenced by neurotransmitters like dopamine, causing a reinforcement of the desire to repeat the specific behaviour.
This is why gambling becomes a problem, despite the consequences, making it extremely difficult to stop.
How do you get Addicted to Gambling?
Getting addicted to gambling involves a combination of psychological, biological, and environmental factors. It typically starts as occasional or recreational gambling. Still, this behaviour can escalate to a full-blown addiction for some individuals. Here are the key factors that contribute to gambling addiction:
- Psychological Factors: Certain psychological factors can make some individuals more vulnerable to developing a gambling addiction. These may include a strong need for excitement, impulsivity, sensation-seeking tendencies, and a desire to escape stress or negative emotions.
- Neurobiological Factors: The brain’s reward system is crucial to addiction. Engaging in gambling triggers the release of dopamine, a neurotransmitter associated with pleasure and reward. Over time, repeated gambling can lead to changes in the brain’s reward pathways, making individuals more susceptible to addiction.
- Social and Environmental Factors: Social and environmental influences can also contribute to gambling addiction. Growing up in an environment where gambling is normalised or witnessing family members engaging in excessive gambling may increase the risk of developing a gambling problem.
- Early Positive Experiences: When individuals win early while gambling, it can create a false sense of control and strengthen the belief that gambling is a lucrative activity. This can cause them to persist in this behaviour, hoping to replicate their previous successes.
- Availability and Accessibility: The availability and accessibility of gambling opportunities can influence addiction. Easy access to gambling venues, online platforms, and advertisements can increase the likelihood of frequent gambling.
- Reinforcement and Escapism: Gambling can temporarily escape stress, depression, anxiety, or other emotional issues. Winning can reinforce the behaviour, while losses may lead to chasing a win to regain the initial excitement.
How do I Know if I Have a Gambling Problem?
Recognising the signs and symptoms of a gambling problem before it’s too late is essential. Stopping the addiction early on saves potential monetary losses and ruining relationships with family and friends. If you think you, or someone you care about, is struggling with compulsive gambling behaviours, here are some signs to be aware of:
- Preoccupation with Gambling: Constantly thinking about gambling, planning future bets, or reliving past betting experiences.
- Difficulty Controlling: Struggling to curtail the time and money devoted to gambling despite earnest efforts.
- Chasing Losses: Trying to win back money lost through gambling by continuing to bet, leading to mounting debts.
- Neglecting Responsibilities: Prioritising gambling over personal, work, or family responsibilities.
- Lying About Gambling: Concealing the extent of your activities from family, friends, or loved ones.
- Escaping Problems: Using gambling to cope with stress, anxiety, or negative emotions.
- Increasing Bets and Risk-Taking: Betting more significant sums of money or taking higher risks to experience the same level of excitement.
- Failed Attempts to Stop Gambling: Repeatedly trying to quit or cut back on gambling.
- Borrowing Money: Relying on loans, credit cards, or borrowing from others to fund gambling activities.
- Neglecting Hobbies and Social Activities: Losing interest in activities once enjoyed and withdrawing from social interactions.
- Emotional Impact: Feeling guilty, anxious, or depressed due to gambling activities.
Potential Consequences of Gambling Addictions
Struggling with gambling addiction can lead to devastating consequences – for the addict and those close to them. Here are some of the common signs that appear in severe gambling addicts:
- Financial Problems: One of the most significant consequences of gambling addiction is the accumulation of massive debts. Individuals may borrow money, max out credit cards, or engage in illegal activities to finance their gambling habits.
- Strained Relationships: Gambling addictions can strain relationships with family, friends, and loved ones. Lies and deceit about gambling activities can erode trust and lead to conflicts within personal and social circles.
- Emotional Distress: Gambling addicts often experience intense emotional distress, such as guilt, shame, depression or anxiety. The cycle of winning and losing can lead to unpredictable mood swings and increased stress levels.
- Occupational Issues: The preoccupation with gambling can impact job performance and attendance, leading to difficulties at work and potential job loss. Financial problems resulting from gambling may also affect the ability to meet job-related responsibilities.
- Legal Consequences: Engaging in illegal activities to fund gambling can lead to legal troubles, including arrests and criminal charges.
- Neglect of Self-Care: Gambling addiction can lead to neglecting essential self-care activities, such as eating, sleeping, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Health Problems: The stress and emotional toll of gambling addiction can lead to physical health issues, including sleep disturbances, headaches, and digestive problems.
- Loss of Assets and Property: In severe cases, individuals may lose valuable assets or even their homes due to the financial devastation caused by gambling addiction.
- Social Isolation: As the addiction worsens, individuals may withdraw from social activities and isolate themselves from family and friends.
- Suicidal Thoughts: In the worst-case scenario, gambling addiction can lead to feelings of hopelessness and despair, increasing the risk of suicidal ideation.
It’s crucial to recognise the potential effects of gambling addictions and seek help if you or someone you know is struggling with this issue. Professional treatment, therapy, and support groups can assist in addressing the underlying factors contributing to the addiction and facilitating the path to recovery and a healthier, more balanced life.
Treatment Options for Problem Gambling
Gambling addiction treatment is available – that’s the good news. Rehabilitation for gambling is typically treated through a psychological approach, as it comes under the mental health umbrella. At Kembali Treatment Centre, we provide our clients with personalised rehab programs that target addiction triggers and behavioural patterns for their gambling issues.
Our Evidence-Based Therapies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): CBT is foundational in our gambling addiction treatment. It focuses on identifying and challenging irrational thoughts and beliefs related to gambling. Through CBT, individuals learn to develop healthier coping strategies, manage triggers and urges, and gain a deeper understanding of the underlying factors contributing to their addiction.
- Individual Therapy: Our therapy sessions provide a confidential and supportive space for clients to explore their gambling habits and associated emotions. Working one-on-one with our experienced therapists, individuals can gain insights into their addictive patterns, address personal challenges, and develop a tailored treatment plan that aligns with their unique needs and goals.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy offers a powerful forum for individuals with gambling addiction to connect, share their experiences, and learn from each other. In a non-judgmental group setting, participants can provide mutual support, offer encouragement, and gain a sense of belonging. Group therapy helps break the isolation often experienced by those struggling with addiction and fosters a supportive community.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication may sometimes complement the therapeutic interventions for gambling addiction. Our medical professionals carefully assess each client’s needs and may prescribe medication to address co-occurring mental health issues such as depression or anxiety.
Benefits of Attending Kembali Gambling Rehab Centre
Our Rehab Facility provides a residential stay so our clients can benefit the most from the program. By doing so, they physically remove themselves from potential triggers, creating a distance between themselves and anything associated with their addiction,
Here are some of the other benefits of attending our Rehab in Bali:
- Change of Scenery: Our Rehab In Bali offers a breath of fresh air, far from the busy life in the city. A change of scenery can help with distractions and potential triggers associated with gambling, allowing for a more focused and immersive healing experience.
- Compassionate Staff: At our Rehab, we have a team of compassionate and dedicated staff who are committed to the well-being of our clients. They provide a nurturing and supportive environment, offering understanding and empathy throughout the recovery journey.
- Supportive Community: Being part of a supportive community of individuals on their path to recovery can be immensely encouraging. Our Rehab fosters a sense of camaraderie and connection, providing opportunities for clients to share experiences, offer mutual support, and feel a sense of belonging.
- Quality Care and Fair Pricing: We prioritise providing high-quality care that is accessible and fair to our clients. Our commitment to excellence ensures that individuals receive comprehensive treatment and support at a reasonable and competitive cost compared to other Western countries.
- Privacy and Confidentiality: Respecting our client’s privacy and confidentiality is paramount. Our Rehab maintains strict confidentiality protocols to create a safe and secure environment where individuals can openly share their experiences and emotions without fear of judgment.
Dependence on gambling can consume you and strain every aspect of your life. When there’s a problem, seeking professional help through an addiction treatment plan is crucial – partner with us and defeat the uncontrollable urge to gamble.
Treatment for gambling addiction is a phone call away. Contact us today and start your journey toward a gambling-free life.